IBEW Local 109
IBEW Local 109 Paycheck Protection
CONTINUE GETTING PAID IF YOU’RE UNABLE TO WORK DUE TO ILLNESS, INJURY, OR DEATH
Illness, Injury, and Death Are The #1 Cause of Bankruptcy & Foreclosure In America. Take Control of Financially Protecting Yourself and Your Loved Ones!
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
Our Health Benefits DO NOT provide any financial support if you are unable to work due to an illness or injury—Not having any Short-Term Disability coverage leaves 100% of your weekly paycheck at risk for 26 weeks! Can your household get by without any of your income for 6 months?!
Life Insurance is also available for our Members and their families. Most households are underinsured. Currently, our Members only receive 1 to 3 times their income in life insurance and experts recommend that you have 5 to 10 times your annual income.
These Paycheck Protection coverages will help Members avoid a financial crisis if you are unable to work and there is no income for you or your loved ones.
Continued Income When Your Paycheck Stops Due To Injury, Illness or Death!
Plan Information Overview
- Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
- Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 109 can be denied coverage!
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
- Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
- Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
- Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 224-770-5305 for more information.